Saturday, September 5, 2009

Cheese Fries

It's Saturday afternoon and Ken and I just stopped at the Training Table and had some cheese fries. I LOVE THEM! It's amazing that I can eat french fries (and dipping sauce) and have almost no issues after eating them....not so with just about any other food. Yesterday it was sweet potato fries at Rumbi -- another terrific treat!

I am so glad that a week(ish) of treatment is behind me. 4 days down, 4 days next week (because of the holiday on Monday) and then 4 weeks of 5-days of radiation treatments. I think the 5-day weeks will be difficult because there won't be as much recovery time on the weekends. BUT, I'd rather go ahead and get it over with....I think.

Yesterday was difficult because my stomach seems to be hurting more after 4 radiation treatments...but today I feel much better. I'm hoping to just keep feeling better and better as the weekend continues.

I have had more incidents of stomach upset as the week has gone on. Hard for me to tell whether it's the chemo, the radiation, or a combination of both. Dr's say that I should begin to feel better after this next week as the tumor begins to shrink. I'll be grateful for that...

Ken is home for the long weekend. He came home Thursday night and won't leave until Tuesday morning. It will be SO very nice to have him home for extra time this weekend. Like I've said before, everything - and I mean everything - seems better when Ken is home. I seem to be more emotional than normal...but I guess that's to be expected.

I have been telling Ken all the things I want us to do once I get better. I want to go dancing at least once/month. We never go dancing - we just don't have time. I want that to change. I want us to go to an LSU game every year and then spend a week in Destin. We love going to Baton Rouge, we love LSU, and we love Destin. Seems like a no brainer. But, again - we just don't always seem to have or make the time. I want that to change. I want to quit wasting time and quit squandering opportunities to enjoy my life. It really is too short.

Tonight is the BYU-Oklahoma game and then LSU-Washington! Yes, it is college football season and my husband is very happy. Our friends, Clint and Sylvia, are coming over to watch the games. We'll grill steaks and corn-on-the-cob and even grill some pineapple. I'll only be able to have a few bites....but I'm sure I'll eat just fine. It's always wonderful to have friends over to share dinner and football. Hopefully both games will be good and our teams will be victorious. It's not probable that BYU will beat Oklahoma...but it is possible -- and we'll hold on to that. LSU shouldn't have any problems with Washington - but I'd hate to jinx anything.

Geaux Tigers!!!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for posting about how you are doing. I hope you do get feeling better as the tumor shrinks. Oh and Yeah BYU! Love football.

    ReplyDelete