Monday, September 28, 2009

Counting Down....

It's Monday and I now have only 9 more radiation treatments to go. THAT is exciting. The End Day is Friday 10/9 --- that's the day everything ends - radiation ends, the chemo pump comes off, the picc line comes out....everything is over --- except the recovering. I feel like I'm really on the downhill slide but I know there is still more to go.

Tomorrow I have my last chemo infusion. I'm kinda frightened about that as the side effects were worse with the 2nd infusion and I don't know how I'll be able to handle even worse side effects. I'm just praying and hoping that it'll be tolerable and that I'll get through this treatment at least like the last one. Dr. Lee said I may even tolerate it better....but I'm not getting my hopes up.

Had a wonderful dinner with friends last night. We all met over at Elaine's new house and she cooked dinner for us. It was fabulous! Ann, Lisa, Jo Ann, Sylvia and Clint, Elaine, and Ken and I. Elaine even remembered to order a birthday cake for the August bday girls since that was the reason for the get-together. So much fun! I think I've said this before, but it is wonderful to have friends whom you've known for almost 20 years....it's really amazing.

Well, I went back over to Gardner Village after treatment today. I seem to love Gardner Village since I've been there like 4 times in 3 weeks. The halloween decorations are fantastic and the 'stuff' is great. I went to Pine Needles shop today....boy it's a good thing we didn't go in there when Cheryl and Donna came down ----- so many cute needlework items. I ended up buying a pattern .... but I could have bought more than just the one.

I have more crocheting to do....but it's hard to crochet when my head is always spinning and my stomach is always in knots. I need to get moving though if I'm going to finish Bethany's afghan and get Evie's afghan going and done before her birthday in February.

3 comments:

  1. So proud of the way you have handled all of this. When you talk about fun with old friends it brings back lots of memories of laughing hysterically over any little thing. We need to do that again. Love u

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with the next treatment. Hang in there! You are an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Had to check in with you today! 9 is a good number but 0 is best. Chin up! (In my case I have several chins to lift up so it might take me a while!!(: Loves from all of the Hillarys!

    ReplyDelete