Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Recuperating in WA

Okay - I'm going to try this again. I'm on a slow-ish connection and I tried this once but it didn't post. Dang it!

I am in Tri-Cities WA doing the rest of my recovery. Ken and I drove up on Sunday. I am so grateful that we changed Ken's travel schedule so that he could drive up with me...and he'll drive back with me as well. There is just no way I could have made it alone. I think I slept 1/3 of the way. One cool thing - we stopped in Boise for lunch at a Wendy's near the Boise State stadium. I really wanted to go and see the smurf turf for myself....but I was able to control myself. Probably wouldn't have been anyone there on a Sunday afternoon to show me the blue grass!

Didn't do much yesterday....just tried to relax and enjoy. I might make it to the grocery store for an 'outing' today...but you never really know. I plan to do something and then I just don't make it because I get tired. I'll be SO glad when I feel better.

I am 1 1/2 weeks past radiation and chemo so I've passed the "3-days-after-you'll-begin-to-feel-better" milestone and I'm headed right for the "2-weeks-after-you'll-begin-to-feel-much-better" milestone.

1 comment:

  1. Linda Lue,
    I've been reading your blog and can hardly believe it. I'm sorry that we haven't kept in touch more than we have, but you've certainly been in my thoughts for the past several weeks. Do you remember Cherie from our BYU days? She is going to be going through chemo/radiation in a few weeks after having a double mastectomy. I'm sure she'd be interested in your experience and insight. My dad will also be going through radiation in the near future for oral squamous cell carcinoma. If we could only find the cure for this nasty illness called 'cancer'.
    I hope that you are starting to feel better and enjoying your time in WA. I'll check back with you to see how everything is going and I'll be praying that the surgery goes well when the time comes.
    Take care of yourself...Lisa Varley

    ReplyDelete