Tuesday, October 27, 2009

A Love Affair with Flavor

I am having a love affair with flavor.

Yesterday was Ken's birthday and we went out for Mexican food. I was worried about my first bite of chips and salsa....but it was HEAVEN! I can't explain the explosion of flavor that hapened in my mouth and throughout my entire body. I almost wanted to cry. The only way to experience it is to swear off of all flavorful food for 8 weeks and eat only bland food....the most flavorful being chicken noodle soup....and then don't eat very much of anything....especially seasoning. Eat lots of soda crackers, ritz crackers, cream of wheat and rice krispies....that's it for 8 weeks. Throw in some daily severe nausea just for good measure..... THEN, have a chip with salsa. OH MY GOSH! You all don't know how good food tastes. I'm sure you take it all for granted, like I used to, but I am having a great time discovering food all over again!

(Just for the record - my stomach isn't exactly happy about my Mexican food fiesta last night...but I'm okay with the little extra pain that I'm feeling. It was SO worth it!)

Wanted to say "Thank You" for the blog comments. I do enjoy reading them....and it feels great knowing there are friends who are interested. So - thank you.

Having great days now....better every day. I still have some pain when I eat and a little nausea during the day, but it is so much less than it used to be. I can even say that I feel better than I did a week ago - I feel better than I did 3 days ago!

I have all my re-tests coming up in a few weeks. I'm hoping the cancer is so small and so 'gone' that they actually question whether they need to do surgery...and that if/when they do decide to do surgery that they can do it laproscopically to lessen the complexity, the scars and the hospital time.

Here's to better days...

2 comments:

  1. Yeah for feeling better and getting back to normal. You are such an inspiraton! We look forward to your visit in November.

    ReplyDelete