Thursday, November 5, 2009

Why Does Getting Better Take So Long?

So I've had a bit of a setback. My stomach is back to hurting whenever I eat. I doesn't matter what I eat....it just hurts. DANG! I am hoping it is just a normal part of the healing process...but it is sure discouraging.

Ken and I went to Lewiston, ID last weekend and took a beautiful drive from there on Saturday across highway 12 to Lowell and then onto a gravel road and then over a summit on 4-wheel-drive roads to Elk City. Gorgeous! I plan to post pictures on Facebook, but the internet connection from here in WA is kind of hit-and-miss so I'll have to post picture on FB and here after I get home.

Big tests next week. I have tests Tuesday and Wednesday and Dr appts Thursday and Friday. More importantly - I have hair appts Tuesday and Thursday....my roots are TERRIBLE!

Planning to leave around 10a tomorrow to get to Pocatello. It has been great to spend such a wonderful amount of time with Ken. I love being here when he gets home from work and eating dinner with him, making his breakfast in the morning, and snuggling before drifting off to sleep. I will definitely miss all that as we get back to 'business as usual'.

I am worried about what the tests will show...but I have faith and I am trying to be brave. This gets scarier as we move into a new phase. I am in awe of people who have cancer who have to endure multiple rounds of chemo and/or radiation. They are made of tougher stuff than I am.

Here's to more better days!

1 comment:

  1. Whatever! you are one tough chick and an inspiration to all of us. I am so glad that you are doing okay despite the stomache pain. Yuck! I have been wondering how you are doing. thanks for the update.

    ReplyDelete