Friday, August 21, 2009

Good Food & Good Friends

It's Friday morning and I'm feeling fantastic! Ken is home, which always helps, and the day is bright and sunny.

I had a WONDERFUL time with my friends last night at Royal India. It's wonderful to have friends who have been your friends for almost 20 years. We ate great food, talked, and laughed our butts off! I really needed that. We have had some great times over the years....and here's to lots more to come! Thanks to Elaine, Ann, Jo Ann, Sylvia and Clint. (They wanted to see their names in my blog!)

Had a great appt with the Oncologist yesterday. We now have a game plan....a tough game plan....but a plan all the same. I function WAY better when there is a plan. I have 5-6 weeks of radiation (M-F) with the 1st and the 4th weeks involving chemo therapy. Dr. says that once that 2nd round of chemo kicks in it is going to be really rough going for 2-4 weeks. After all of that, then I recover for 2-6 weeks (or whatever I need) so that I can have surgery. So....it sounds like there won't be much partying at the Byington house this year. Well - folks can party as long as I don't have to do anything!!!

Radiation begins 9/1 so I have a week to kind of relax. I have to meet with the radiation oncologist to get my tattoos to they know where to do all the radiation and stuff. That seems to be all for next week.

So glad it's the weekend and my sweetie is home with me. So grateful for the plan that is in place. Like Ken says - the worst thing we can do is nothing. I'm not looking forward to this process - but I'd rather live to tell about it.

1 comment:

  1. Evie was so sorry we missed you last night at the pool. She loves her Aunt Linda and she's following this experience as only a little child can. She says the most innocent and heartfelt things to me sometimes. So, last night while she hopped up and down, dripping wet from the pool, she sang, "I just love Aunt Linda, and I'm so glad cancer is not contagious!" (she's a germophobe)"She's going to get well because we prayed for her, huh Mom!"

    ReplyDelete