Friday, August 28, 2009

Finally Friday!

I am so glad it is Friday...finally! What a week it has been. Ken will be home in about 3 hours and then I can actually relax from this week.

It has been a week of ups and downs for certain. Yesterday was especially tough for some reason...I just felt on the verge of tears the entire day. I think there are just so many unknowns still...and I don't deal with unknowns very well.

My Sister-in-Law came by yesterday which was the highlight of my day. She brought Kelsey's quilt that she had finished and came by with some of her friends that she met in Nauvoo. Thanks, Donna, for brightening my day!!!

I saw the Radiation Oncologist today....and he is wonderful!!!! How did we get so many terrific dr's in one area? We are blessed. Anyway, Dr. Lee was so kind and helpful and he didn't talk down to me like I didn't know what was going on --- he treated me like I knew exactly what was going on and I asked questions where I needed to. AND...he had answers. He didn'tneed to ask any other Dr about anything -- he knew the answers about the medications that would be in my chemo, how many sessions of radiation they were planning, when we'd begin, how long I'd need to recover after the radiation/chemo ended before I could have surgery....he was a veritable fountain of knowledge....and I loved it!!!!

I got tattooed today as well. 3 little purple freckles. Pretty sexy, huh? I wonder what Ken will think...

My big unknown at this point is how I will react to the chemo and radiation. That seems to be the big question mark for everyone. I have heard from every Dr that no two people react the same. Two people can have the same cancer and get the same chemo treatment and react differently. So here's to hoping that I'll handle it all so awesomely!!!

So.....I'm back to starting treatment on Tuesday rather than Monday....but I'm okay with that. Monday will be a tough enough day getting the picc line. Tuesday at 11:30a I start chemo and then 3:15p for the radiation. I'm ready!!!! (i think)

No comments:

Post a Comment