Saturday, August 22, 2009

It's a Good Day!

I thought I'd post on a good day as often as I can.

Today was a good day - actually a great day - because I got to spend the whole day with Ken. Everything looks brighter when I'm with Ken - whether we're home in Utah or elsewhere. I will look forward to every weekend while I go through all of this because I know that no matter how the week has been, good or bad, it will just be better when Ken is home on the weekend!

I had an interesting experience at the grocery store this evening. I had to run out to get a couple of things that I had forgotten and I realized how anonymous I was at the grocery store and how no one there knew what trial I was getting ready to face. No one told me they were sorry or asked how I was. Here's the interesting part....I began to wonder how many of those other people that I didn't know were going through something traumatic in their lives? I wondered how many people in that store needed sympathy or empathy or a caring word? I don't know how you know by looking at a total stronger in the frozen foods....but perhaps we could all take just a second and wonder what trial others are going through....because we all have to have something. No one gets through this life without trials....

I have been very blessed with wonderful friends. I had a great talk with our realtor who is a dear friend of ours and knows of what she speaks when it comes to cancer. She gave me such terrific advice on dealing with cancer and treatments and told me her stories that gave me such hope and courage. Thank you, Joyce!

I'm looking forward to another great day tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. good morning, i woke up early cause I had a dream that my cell phone rang and I had to get up and check and then I caught up on my email and found your blog. Im glad you are doing this so we can keep updated. Im not sure how all this blogging works the kids have them and i keep forgetting to check them. i just want to remember the lemonaide and try to keep laughing. I remember that my dad got a video from a friend that told him the best cure for cancer was laughter. i wondered at the time how you could laugh, but it seemed to work even on the tough days. So Ill watch for funnies on the email and forward them so watch out cause some of them are pretty dumb, ok ill only send the ones that make me laugh out loud even if they are dumb love ya lots Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Linda! Thank you so much for sharing this experience with all of us! You are a beacon of sunshine and a wonderful example of a good additude and a great person!! We all love you so much and are praying for you!!! We look forward to seeing you really soon!!! Love you tons!! Marcy and Gary and Kids!!!!

    ReplyDelete